Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Back Up to Par!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
  • I felt back up to par!  Good to get back in the swing of things :-)
  • Special activities included:  Celebrating my nephew's 4th birthday, Mexican food with two lovely ladies, a spur of the moment trip to the park, a planning brunch with the LWR gals, speaking on Transracial Adoption with my fave adoption peeps, a date with my hubs, visiting with my family, and a Sunday afternoon family flick at the cheapy theatre ("Chipwrecked") 
In our homeschool this week…
  • We utilized a great reading website online... review to come soon!
  • We read aloud several Nate the Great books and The Hundred Dresses.
  • Jeremiah finished his phonics book.  He's making headway!
  • We began studying Italy.
  • The kids had music class with Mom and learned about their feet in science class at DRASTIC.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • Read aloud, read aloud, read aloud!!!  Did I say read aloud?  I always have the best intentions, but I know I don't do this as much as I should.  Cuddling up with my kiddos and enjoying a good book is the best!  One of our favorites this week was The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.  Yes, even my boys liked it, and we had a great discussion about not making fun of but rather standing up for others.
I am inspired by…
  • My church!  It's so good to be challenged... to feel a part of a growing, spiritual, missional body.  This past Wednesday night's Bible Study was one to make you question and think.  It generated some good discussion for Jon & I - love it!  Then, today began a sermon series outlining SCC's direction.  We're ready to Unleash a Love Revolution.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Monday - Life Group!  We're excited since we missed the last get together.
  • Tuesday - Kiddos are having a Grandma day.  Follow-up Dr. apt. for me.  Then, Jon & I will head to church for the Steven Curtis Chapman Songs & Stories Concert.  We're super excited to attend the VIP pre-show and work the America World booth.  Stop by and see us if you are there. 
  • Wednesday - Rachel has speech, and we continue our Not A Fan Bible study at church. 
  • Thursday - DRASTIC co-op
  • Friday - Galloping the Globe co-op, and we'll have dinner with good friends that we miss a lot!!!
My favorite thing this week was…
  • Seeing friends at our Adoption Support Group at church... just LOVE these folks!
What’s working/not working for us…
  • Reading Eggs is the bomb diggity!  I can't wait to share my review of this online reading website.  Much love <3  
Things I’m working on…
  • Valentine's with the kiddos to exchange with other TOS Crewbie Kids.
I’m reading…
  • Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
  • Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half by Rick Johnson
  • More by Heidi Marshall (finished)
I’m grateful for…
  • Some quality family time this week
  • Deep, thought-provoking conversations with my hubby
I’m praying for…
  • Good news on Tuesday!
  • All those who will attend the Steven Curtis Chapman concert.  May their hearts be both broken and renewed.  May we all draw closer to the Father to the fatherless. 
  • Lots of opportunities to talk about adoption and America World with concert attendees!
 
A video to share...
  • Many of you probably gathered around a TV to watch the Super Bowl tonight.  In case your get together didn't involve Tony Dungy's halftime message, I want to be sure and share.  I love when people speak out boldly on behalf of the orphan.  Will you listen to his short message and be challenged? 




No comments: